Friday, September 2, 2011

road trip mini-album

I have lots of photos from our cross country road trip back in April. Lots. And I decided to make a mini-album of some of my faves rather than do traditional layouts. Cause...there's just too many!

This is different from my travel album in that this is much more simple. More focused on the photos like a photo album. The travel book has much more details & momentos.

Back in May I did a layout about our road trip. And I do plan on dedicating a layout to Mt. Rushmore. But other than that I felt that a mini-album would be more fun. Originally I had planned on putting our road trip pics in my travel journal I took on our house hunting trip but ultimately decided that a separate, fun little mini book would be better.
I used one of those inexpensive 4x6 albums that you can pick up at Target, Walmart, etc. These are great for mini-albums and they hold a decent amount of photos.

I used a shipping tag along with one of my favorite alpha stamps (Studio Calico) to create the cover along with some other travel embellishments and finished it off with some twine...turquoise, of course ;)
Inside I kept it pretty simple, adding little tidbits about our trip here and there. 
I think this will be fun to look at years from now. How often do you get to drive across the country?!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ellsworth Mciltrot said...

That's a nice album. Really, taking pics during road trips is fun, no? There's no better way to preserve those memories on the road than to put them on in album.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin