Tuesday, April 26, 2011

hitting the road!

Is it me, or does anyone else think of the movie 'Cars' when they see this picture?? "I'm not a Mac, I'm a Peterbilt!"

Our bags (and boxes) are packed & once they're all loaded today & we're hitting the road!

I'm hoping for smooth driving, no unexpected 'bumps' along the way (fingers crossed!)

We're driving through 11 states. Most of which I've never stepped foot in or driven through. 

Let's hope the kids hold out & don't get too crazy being in the car so much. Or the dogs. Or the parents. Or the guinea pig. Or the parents with the kids and the dogs.

I'm hoping we'll have a chance to stop at Mt. Rushmore on the way, take a breather & enjoy the sights. Even if it's just for 1/2 a day.

Praying I don't get too swollen. Or too tired driving. We're taking both vehicles which means both of us will be driving the entire way. We're planning on getting there in 6-7 days which should leave us plenty of time. 

I have a few posts set to go up while I'm away. I may blog along the way. I may not. If not, I'll 'see' you guys when we get there & settled in our new house!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you & your family a safe journey to your new home !

Traci said...

Drive safe and I hope you do stop off in Mount Rushmore, fun place to see!
Take care and can't wait to see pics of the new place!
Happy travels!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin