After a few battles with my husband's staple gun (and maybe a few expletives while the kids were in the house) I managed to finish my project :)
I used a frame I bought several years ago in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby for 5 bucks & painted it Bahama Breeze (Krylon). Love this color...not too light, not too dark. The frame is a little banged up but I love that.
After painting it I added the chicken wire...and discovered that I really need to buy a new staple gun. Ugh that thing!!!
I went back & forth on what kind of banner to make. I really love the banner/pennant look right now. I knew that I wanted 5 pennants & figured since we have 5 in our family now that I'd do everyone's initials.
I'll be linking this project up to Jen's Weekend Wrap-Up Party.