Tuesday, January 18, 2011

sweet anticipation

Hi friends! 

I hope you had a nice 3 day weekend. If you had one, that is. I realize there are some people that work in an industry where they don't get all the 'regular' holidays. I know because I used to work in a nursing home years ago. I remember having to work on Thanksgiving or Christmas or whatever holiday was around. 

We spent part of the weekend with a sick kiddo. My son was sick most of Saturday night throwing up. Bleh. Can I just say, cleaning up puke is disgusting no matter what. But cleaning up puke when you're pregnant. Ugh... Which reminds me...I really need to get some carpet cleaners out here.  

Anyway...

Sunday night I let the kids sleep in the living room because Ben had a fever all day & wasn't feeling totally 100% yet. 
Talk about a spoiled pup :) He slept on that air mattress with us all night. But then he decided to wake me up at 5:30am to go potty. Oh well, at least he didn't have any accidents.

I also managed to sneak some time to create this layout for Noel's current challenge. The challenge is based on this color palette:
 
Isn't it just beautiful?? I deviated a little from the color scheme but stayed pretty close to it. It's a pretty simple layout that was inspired by Britt's love frame
I pulled some papers from an older Noel kit & after spritzing with some glimmer mist (Tattered Angels peacock) I punched a bunch of hearts, then placed them on the page & stitched a line down the center of each vertical row.
Then I simply added my title with some doodlebug letter stickers I had in my stash & added some jewel accents to the flowers. 
Btw, is it wrong that I think my baby looks like an alien?? hehe They look so weird at this stage. I think the photo the u/s technician got that day was one of the strangest I've seen out of all 3 kids. Funny how they go from looking like a seahorse to a baby in such a short amount of time. Quite the miracles these little babies are!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Katie R. said...

LOVE this layout, Michelle! So simple, beautiful, and elegant! I think I may have to scraplift it. =)

Kim's Treasures said...

What a sweet page! Hope the kiddo is better now! : )

Jenn said...

What an adorable layout, Michelle! I love that heart punch-it seems like the perfect size. I am looking forward to Saturday. :)

clements_diane said...

Another great page!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin