Tuesday, January 26, 2010

*Jesus Loves Me* Valentines door hanging

This is a project I did with my Sunday School kids last weekend. I found the idea here and changed it up just a little.

Here's the one I did for us at home:

(excuse my dirty pantry door!) I used some leftover Christmas red felt ribbon, die cut the letters with my Sizzix and diecut the hearts with my Silhouette. I also added some more smaller punched hearts. Paper is Martha Stewart.


I did put hearts on the backside even though you can't see them. It makes the hearts on the front stay on better. And I used my favorite glue stick to adhere everything.

For the kids at Sunday School we didn't have the time to do the 'Jesus Loves Me' in the die cut letters so I printed that out in the CK Block font and they colored it in and added some smaller punched hearts. They still turned out really cute and the kids seemed to enjoy making them!


I have more homemade Valentine's Day home decor projects that I'm working on...


so check back later :)
***************************************************************
Oh, and look what showed up at my door today:

So excited to crack into this!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

America said...

Hey Michelle,
thanks for your compliments, you're sweet! But, of coarse I used a glue gun for the burlap wreath. That's all I have any knowledge of since I don't sew. : ) I want to see how yours comes out. Good luck and send me a pic! I'll post it on mine. PS. What kind of camera do you have, your pics are phenomenal!

Tami said...

Cute projects! Oh you are going to love Project Life. I did Project 365 last year and it is so awesome to have. Her kit this year is even better! Don't know how she does it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin