Monday, January 12, 2009

thank you cards....& stuff

I've been working on a bunch of thank you cards this morning. I'm just now getting a chance to get them all out. We have *many* to send ~ first for all of the wonderful well wishes and gifts that Ben received when he broke his leg. Also, Christmas and my daughter's birthday. And my son's birthday is coming up soon, too. Lots to send out this time of year for me! I normally don't have the kids send out thank you's for Christmas but I thought it'd be a good thing to start this year since all of our family is out of town and don't get to see the kids open presents and to hear their excitement and "thank you".

I got the idea for these cards on Jennifer McGuire's blog. I used scraps (love using up scraps!) from the Basic Grey Infuse line, the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Marvy jumbo heart punch. Popped them up with Stampin' Up dimensionals and stamped "thanks" from the Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set.

Here's a few different versions that I made. This one is my favorite :)

These cards were super easy and I was able to make 20 of them in less than 1/2 hour.

We also had stamp club yesterday and we made this cute little 3x3 note card box

I found the instructions on splitcoaststampers under "Resources". I did change one thing ~ I made the box lid 6x6 (instead of 5 3/4") and scored at 1 1/8" (instead of 1") because I used the scallop edge punch instead of the corner rounder punch. Everything else was the same.


The front was made with the Marvy mega scallop square punch, giga square punch, and the bird w/leaves & flower Sizzix die for Stampin' Up! We also made a 3x3 card to go inside the box.

I could also see filling this box with candy and giving to a teacher, Sunday school teacher, coach, dance teacher, etc. Already thinking of idea for end of year gifts!

Other supplies used: Bella Rose DS papers, riding hood red CS, pink pirouette CS, riding hood red taffeta ribbon, silver embossing powder.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin