Sunday, January 11, 2009

so many prayers

Can I get personal for a minute? You don't mind, right?? Do you ever feel like you have so many prayer requests that you can't keep them straight? It seems that as the weeks and months and years go by my prayer list gets longer and longer. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. I guess it's a good thing that I'm praying so much. But just when one item is checked off the list another one is quick to fill it's space. And then there's those things that are *always* on the list and never seem to go away. This is what I've been praying about a *lot* lately. I honestly can't even imagine a society where this would pass. It's not one I want to live in. But besides that there are so many people (including myself) that I pray for on a daily basis. As I sat in church today I had to say to God "ya know what, I'm sorry but I just can't remember everyone I'm supposed to pray for". Thankfully it doesn't matter, because He knows. He knows my innermost thoughts, wishes, dreams and fears. And He's there for all those who need Him. That's comforting, don't ya think? I know I find comfort in that. Even if it doesn't seem like He's answering my prayers. He's there.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

My comment didn't show up so I'll do it again because I totally identify with this! I, too, have so many people and issues (FOCA, for sure) that I'm praying for. Sometimes, my prayers are just thoughts...that silent communication that is so special to have with God. Prayers for you for your needs, as well!

Ginny said...

I hope it passes personally. It doesn't endanger women at all, if it doesn't pass that is when women are endangered!

Michelle Whitlow said...

I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. I do not see how allowing minors to have abortions without parental consent, forcing faith based hospitals to perform abortions, and aborting 6,7,8 month old fetuses ~ that are viable human beings ~ is advancing anyone, let alone women.

If we lose our sanctity for life, then we lose everything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin