Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 things about me

I saw this on Ali Edwards' blog and I thought it'd be fun to do, too. Maybe it'll help me get out of my funk. I've been in and out of one for the last few days, along with feeling like crap. Hope it ends soon...

Anyway, on to 16 things about me cause I know you're all dying to see this!!

1. I went to Catholic school from 1st grade through 12th. Yep, wore those cute uniforms til I got to high school. Sister Remi always got me for dress code in high school cause I cropped my pants which was against the rules. Gasp!! There were many times I had to dodge her in the halls (and she was hard to see coming cause she was all of 4 ft tall! You usually didn't see her coming til she was right next to you)

2. My favorite thing to wear, and also the most unflattering, is sweatpants, a big sweatshirt, and comfy white socks.

3. I had 5 surgeries in 7 years ('99-'06) including gall bladder surgery, 2 c-sections, and a bowel resection (ouch!). Won't share surgery #5 cause it's a bit personal... (and if you know me then you know it wasn't a boob job!!)

4. I shamelessly watch Survivor and The Bachelor. Can't help it. Don't judge me.

5. I have a HUGE soft spot in my heart for dogs, all dogs but especially golden retrievers. I adopted my golden (aka "old man") from the Golden Retriever Rescue almost 11 years ago. He was severely neglected. Also, I will always stop when I see a dog running on the side of the road to try and "save" it. And if I can't I will feel bad for the rest of the day. Especially when I see that same dog hit by a car later that day (which is what happened just a few weeks ago)

6. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I'd be living in Georgia as a stay-at-home mom I would have said you're crazy. Not the mom part, but the "moving 800 miles away from home part"

7. I love numbers. I love bookkeeping. Probably why I was a financial analyst in my former life. And I loved it. I love to crunch numbers. Call me a nerd, I can take it.

8. I love Disneyworld and all the fantasy and wonder that goes along with being there. I'm a big kid when we go there. I get just as excited about it as my kids!

9. When I go to the movies I must have popcorn and huge Coke. Always.

10. I don't like coffee, any kind of coffee. I love Coke and I have to have one in the morning.

11. I can be pretty impatient at times. I work on it and I've gotten better over the years. What can I say, it's my dad's fault!!

12. I was married in Jamaica, overlooking the ocean. And it was the most beautiful day EVER!

13. I want another baby. And it's not happening. 'nuff said.

14. I LOVE chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I'd take that over most other desserts. Simple tastes :)

15. I like some kind of noise when I sleep, whether it's a tv, fan, whatever. Dave is the opposite but we've seemed to compromise on that.

16. I'm not a morning person. I'm not grumpy, I just hate getting up early. This has always been a problem for me. There were SO many days in high school that I barely made it in the door before the bell rang. My ideal day would start around 10 or 11 am. Along those same lines, I'm also a night owl. I love to stay up late scrapping, watching tv, whatever.

There you go, a little bit of insight into my ever-so-exciting life! ya right :)

If you read this blog, consider yourself tagged!! If you blog, leave me a comment to your blog and your 16 things. Or feel free to leave your 16 things in the comments!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin