Saturday, November 29, 2008

turkey leftovers

I thought I'd share with you a couple recipes that I made over the last 2 days using our yummy turkey leftovers. Last night I made mini turkey pot pies. You can find the recipe on Pillsbury's website here. I tweaked the recipe a little by adding canned mixed veggies instead of frozen and I used frozen potatoes. But make sure if you use the frozen kind you simmer longer before putting it in the oven so that the potatoes are cooked. I also added more milk to make it creamier and sprinkled garlic & herb spices on top instead of thyme. They were so yummy!

Tonight I made turkey potato casserole from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. Great resource for recipes if you haven't gone there before. You can find the original recipe here. I tweaked this one a bit more. I didn't add the onion (yuck) or green beans (that's just weird to me). I also used cream of chicken instead of mushroom and added some milk to make it creamier. I didn't have any cubed chicken so I only used shredded. This one was another hit.

So if you're looking for some recipes to use with your leftovers, give those a whirl!

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin