Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a little bit of everything

Today is a new day. I know I've said that before. But today Ben went back to school. I'm sure he wanted to just stay home with mommy, in his comfort zone. Where mommy can rub his toes when they feel "funny" (as he says). Where mommy can take care of him. But it's only for 4 hours. And he needs some time with his friends, some time to get back to our normal routine. They haven't called me so that means that his not hurting too much and he's ok.

But I still worry

Worry someone will accidentally trip, kick or step on his leg

Worry that he might fall, lose his balance, or in some other way hurt his leg

I just worry. And I'm not much of a worrier except for when I'm not in control when it comes to my kids

But I know he's fine. He's in a place where he's truly loved by his teachers. They're so great. I joke with the lady who runs the preschool that she spoiled me and then sent me out into the cruel, cold world when my daughter had to go to "big girl" school! Yep, they're great. I was very lucky to find them.

On another subject, when I posted this turkey card I never had a chance to post the directions. So here's how you make the turkey feathers. It's pretty simple, just a little time consuming at first. If you want to make a bunch of these, I would suggest cutting and punching everything out at one time, setting them in piles, and doing a section at a time. Maybe even break the cards up into a couple "sessions" and it won't seem so tedious. I'm thinking of making some placecards for Thanksgiving using this cute turkey. Since it's just the 4 of us that won't be too time consuming.


A couple tips:
When making the feathers, glue down the ones that you just folded over after you do step 3. Otherwise they'll push up and your turkey will pop off!

You will also need the 1 3/8 circle punch for the body, 3/4 circle punch for the head, 1/4 circles for the buttons, Boho Blossoms punch for the beak & feet, a square punch trimmed down for the hat.

I adhered a pop dot under the body and the hat to make him sit better.

BTW, my card size was 4" x 4" but you could do any size.

If anyone wants me to do a video or give more pics on how to make the feathers just let me know. Once you do it once, it's really pretty easy. I may try and do that anyway when I make the placecards.

I also have another couple projects from Wrapper's Delight. I still haven't taken pics of the classes I took and what my Secret Santa got me. Then again, I haven't even unpacked yet! I lost nearly a week with my son's leg and being sick. I still can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!!! Didn't we just start November?? And have you seen my Countdown to Christmas ticker at the top right?? Yeah, that's scary.

Anyway, on to the pictures. This was one of the contests we did. Our lunch each day came in these cute little cardboard lunchboxes.

The contest? You guessed it ~ to decorate it. Unfortunately I didn't take much ribbon with me that weekend, but this is what I came up with:



Simple, but I like it. I'm thinking some white tulle would look cute on the handle. I also brought home 2 more of these lunchboxes so you'll be seeing more of those here soon, I'm sure!

One other contest was a layout contest from Gretchen. We were given this:


and had to make a layout ONLY using those supplies, nothing else. We could die-cut letters out of the papers we had, but we couldn't add anything to the layout (like flowers, ribbon, etc). So this is what I came up with:

It isn't something I would have done on my own but I kinda like it!

Well, I need to get back to cleaning :( Unfortunately, my sinus medicine hasn't kicked in much but my dining room table is covered with crap. And I hate that. I hate piles of stuff everywhere. And that's exactly what happens when someone is sick or something unexpected happens (like last week).

So wish me luck in cleaning so I can share some more scrappy things tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin