Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A few layouts

I hope everyone's having a good week. I've been taking things a bit slower this week. I'm having a flair up of my Crohn's disease this week BIG time. It doesn't happen too often. And really, it shouldn't be happening at all since most people with this disease go into remission for a few years after having surgery. I had surgery almost 2 years ago but leave it to me to be different! If you don't know what Crohn's disease is, it's basically a disease of the digestive system most often found in the lower part of the small intestine. From what I understand your body basically sees the normal bacteria in your intestines and thinks it's bad and tries to protect itself against it. They don't know exactly what causes it so therefore there's no cure. Great!! So needless to say I've been in a bit of pain this week and nauseated most of the day, every day since Monday. I'm hoping it'll be gone by the weekend. I have too much to do!! Anyway, sorry to bore you all with that...on to the fun stuff!!

I was going through some layouts and came across some new ones that I hadn't posted and a few older ones that I thought I'd share.

This one is a layout I did with the April Studio Calico kit. Everything in the layout was from the kit except for the Prima flowers and the button.

This is a layout I did with some patterned papers from My Little Shoebox (don't you *love* that name?!) They're having a design team call so I'm planning on submitting this layout along with a couple others. Wish me luck :) It's hard to tell in the photo but some I popped up some of the flowers along the right side and added glitter.

It's hard to tell in the photo but some I popped up some of the flowers along the right side and added glitter.


And here's a couple layouts I did a while back. This first one is of my daughter's "artwork" at preschool last year. I just thought the picture she painted was so cute ~ a description of getting ready in the morning, right down to her princess castle in her closet :) I love seeing artwork through the eyes of a preschooler! BTW, I made a color copy of her drawing and shrunk it to 70% because the paper it was on was not archival safe.


This layout is of my son playing in a big pile of dirt we had in our yard last year. The kids were in heaven!!

Here's a couple more:

Oh, and I added a slide show on the right side of my blog. I thought it would be fun to put some of my favorite projects on there. That's all for now. I'm hoping to scrap some more this weekend once my daughter is out of school for the summer :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin