Monday, November 14, 2011

11.11.11 and other weekend happenings

First of all, thank you to all the men, women and families who serve and have served. We couldn't live without you!!!

How did you spend Veteran's Day?? Addie & daddy spent time watching war movies :)
We had company in town...my very, very good friend Becky that I've known for over half my life. Whew, we're old! hehe
So we took her to the mall downtown for some pizza at Rock City Grill. But before that my wonderful hubby helped some ladies with a flat tire. What a man :)
Then onto food! Black & white pizza please!! And some yummy chocolates for the girls & covered apples for the boys :)
We headed back home & watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2.

Saturday morning we woke up to a bit of snow (cue squeals of excitement!) That afternoon we headed out to see Puss In Boots at the movies. Much better than I thought it would be.


And wouldn't you know it, when we came out of the movie theater it was snowing again!!! 
This time there were some decent flakes. So my kids promptly came home & made snowmen in the dark!
I think all of this snow might have been our fault. A certain little someone was wearing her Christmas pjs...
And now the snow is gone, it's back to the same 'ol same 'ol routine...until the next batch of snow blows in!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You had a pretty good accumulation there! No snow yet!! I am loving it. I know it won't be long before it is here and to stay for about six months. I am glad you had a good time with your best friend. Always good to get together with those close friends! :)

Carol Crowley said...

Ha! Addie looks just thrilled with war movies!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin