Friday, December 3, 2010

December Daily 2010

For my December Daily this year I had planned on getting an American Crafts 8x8 album (like this one). I used the 6x6 version last year (see here) and liked it. But I felt I needed more room for my photos. I like these albums because they're durable. I've said it before, my albums get a lot of use. My kids flip through them all the time. 

However, I ended up just using some chipboard pieces that I had in my stash for my album. I like the look of a handmade album vs using a 'traditional' album when it comes to books like these. 

So I pulled out my Bedford Falls kit and set out to create the cover & inside pages. This is what I've come up with so far.

Cover

Page 1

Page 2
It seems weird doing a December Daily when we have absolutely no decorations up yet. And I have to say this is a first for us. Normally I do the outside the weekend before Thanksgiving and the inside including the tree on Thanksgiving weekend.

But this is life! So my first few pages really don't have much to do with Christmas. But this is how our December is beginning and it's good to record it! Tonight we're going to see The Polar Express at the IMAX in 3-D so I'll have more 'Christmas-y' pics for today's page. Can't wait! We did it last year and it was SO neat. They're also playing A Christmas Carol so I'm sure at some point this month we'll go see that, too.

Are you doing a December Daily?? Remember, we have a special spot over at the Noel Mignon message board for everyone to share their December Daily creations. You can check it out here.

I'm going to be setting up a separate post with all the links to the pages & adding a linky on the right ---->>>

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin