Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas morning crock pot breakfast

Are you looking for an easy Christmas morning breakfast that can be prepared the night before with little fuss?? I have this recipe that I've used the last couple years and it's really easy. Can't remember where I found it (although half the recipes I use come from Allrecipes) but I love it. I'm usually up on Christmas Eve until at least midnight so that's usually when I throw everything into the crock pot. 

The directions say to cook it for 10-12 hrs but my crock pot runs a little hot (even on low) so I don't cook it for more than 8. I also omit the onion & green pepper (although I'm sure my husband would love if I put those in but yuck!) and I use 2 cups of cheese instead of 1 1/2 cups.

This year I plan on using some leftover ham I have in the freezer instead of the bacon (although the bacon is super yummy in it!)

I hope you enjoy!!

Christmas Morning Crock Pot Breakfast

32oz frozen hash browns (diced)
1lb bacon, cooked, drained & diced or cooked ham, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
12 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper (more or less to taste)

Place a layer of frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of bacon, then onions, green pepper & cheese. Repeat the layering process 2 or 3 more times, ending with a layer of cheese. 

Beat the eggs, milk, salt & pepper together. Pour over the mixture, cover and turn on low. 

Cook 10-12 hours. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Traci said...

this sounds yummy! it is like one we had growing up but never made it a crock pot. i just might have to try, thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin