Monday, September 20, 2010

this is why I need a calendar

Do you remember my cute little calendar I made to keep track of all my IVF stuff?? (You can see more pics here)
Well, let me show you what the inside is looking like right now...

See, this is why I needed a calendar! There's actually more appts but I haven't filled those in yet as they will vary based on all the appts this week. I have bloodwork & ultrasounds 4 times this week and several hours after each appt my nurse calls me to tell me the dosages of my medications to take between now and the next appt (cause they can change based on the results of the bloodwork & ultrasound).
Today my dr said my right ovary is reacting a bit slower to the medications than the left side but there's still time to 'stimulate the follicles' as he said. Sounds funny, doesn't it?! Coincidentally, that's the same side that has more of the scar tissue & the blocked tube, which normally doesn't matter in IVF because they bypass the tubes all together, but I thought it was ironic.


I think I'm starting to feel some effects form the hormones as I've felt on the verge of vomiting all.day.long today. And it figures that my husband is out of town and my kids have soccer & baseball. The show must go on, right?!


By the way, I did start giving myself my own injections. Actually, the same day as this post. Thank you everyone for your encouragement!!! I'm up to 3 a day. My dr is still trying to decide if he's going to add another one tomorrow or not. 

So that's it! Just thought I'd share a little bit more about the whole process. This week and next are the big weeks!! Then 2 weeks of waiting...
  Photobucket

4 comments:

Jen said...

You are doing great! Love your calendar! I should have you make me one for next year! :-)

Sally said...

its just so unfair.... you have all this love, want and drive... yet you have to go through all of this for your little one.... and there are people out there that get them and don't always deserve/ want them.... who makes this decision in the world???
my heart races when i read your posts... in hope... in anticipation for the day ...that day when i know i will cry over what you will have to share!!! I sincerely hope things are going well, you sound up beat! here's to the next month and lets hope its an awesome one!! xxx

Kelli said...

You DO need a calendar...whoa baby! It'll all be worth it in the end when you're holding that precious baby.

Sarah @ Sarah Bohl Designs said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog! Really appreciate the comment. Good luck with your IVF, you really do need a calendar, girl!!

I'm so glad I found you, because I am LOVING your etsy shop!

www.sarahbohldesigns.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin