Wednesday, July 28, 2010

missing our buddy

This has been the scene at our house come nighttime...

Ben camping out in Olivia's room on a blow up mattress...because these 2 kiddos were pretty sad at losing their buddy that they've known their whole lives. We all were (and still are). And neither one of them want to sleep alone. Cause nighttime is when it's quiet and your mind starts thinking about stuff...like missing your sweet pup. 

I keep expecting to trip over him in the hallway in the middle of the night ;)


everything is from Noel Mignon Office Party kit

Journaling reads: It's been just 3 days since you left us and it's so hard with you gone. Our family doesn't know a time without you. I had you before I met Dave and you've been a part of this family through having kids, moving to different states, every holiday, you've always been with us. I keep expecting you to come walking in the room. Olivia and Ben miss their Schuby so much. We all do. You were such a great dog.
***************************************************

I promise I am not going to dwell on this in every single post. I'll be back with more fun stuff like new goodies I've been working on for my etsy shop :)


But I will leave you with one last photo or 2 that will pull at your heart strings...


Yes, Schuby's in that blanket. That's the blanket we took him to the vet in (and brought him home in). The kids drew pictures for him. And each gave him a stuffed animal to 'keep him company'. They did this all on their own


I can very well guarantee that this picture will still make me cry 20 years from now. Now go and get a tissue...and I'll be back later with much happier things :)



Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!! I'm definitely reaching for the tissues on this one. :(

Virginia said...

Oh my gosh girl, all those pics just break my heart. Huge hugs to you guys. I'm so sorry.

Julie said...

First of all, I want to tell you how sorry I am about your dog, I know it's hard. As I was looking at your pictures, I saw some places that looked very familiar. I live on Mackinac Island and if you rode your bike around, you went right past our house! I enjoy looking at your blog and your ideas!

Noel said...

awww...I'm sorry. :( What a sweet looking dog.

We had to put our big kitty down earlier this summer and the kids made little tiles to put around our yard where he liked to sleep, so I can relate.

HUGS.

Carol said...

That was a sweet post and great layout. He truly was a great pup.

Becky said...

Oh geez, I am sitting here bawling over your post and pictures... especially the last ones. I loved that darn old dog too. :-(

Crafty Mom said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. Dogs are so much more than dogs. They truly are part of the family. We have a 9 year old chocolate lab and I can't even imagine how my heart will ache when he's gone. Huge hugs to you and your family during this difficult time.

Nicole said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet furbaby! I cried like a baby reading your posts. We have a yellow lab (george) who is 10 and I feel your pain. May your many wonderful memories of your pup bring you comfort.

Kim's Treasures said...

I'm so sorry about your baby! We lost our black lab last year on Aug. 4th and my hubby and I are still sad. It was so hard. Big hugs for your family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin