Sunday, June 13, 2010

seriously good cheesecake

I love a good cheesecake. And when I saw this post I knew I had to make this recipe...and soon!! 
It was super easy to make and the crust....yum, yum, yum! It was really creamy, not too heavy, and tasted awesome. In fact, that was my breakfast this morning. Yes it was, I make no apologies for that! hehe I even let my daughter have a piece at about 10am since it wasn't finished before she went to bed last night. And she's since had a 2nd piece. Told ya it was good! 

Here's a few things to note:

I left the cream cheese to sit out on the counter for about a 1/2 hr and then only microwaved it for about a minute.

The recipe called for 'almond flavoring' but I only had almond extract. Which I believe both are pretty much the same thing, only one is the 'real' thing, right?! Anyway, as much as I love almond flavoring, it seemed a bit strong so I will back it off to 1/2 tsp next time. But don't get me wrong, the cheesecake was still really good! I just want to taste more of the 'cheese' in it.

Not sure if my pan was wider than the one she used but my cheesecake didn't seem to be quite as thick as hers. So I think I may not quite double the recipe next time (like add 50% more to all the ingredients). 

I didn't make the whipped cream just cause I happened to have Cool Whip already defrosted in the fridge...but I'm definitely making it next time. Oh, and there will be a next time, I can assure you!

So run over there, grab the recipe, and make you some yummy cheesecake!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa said...

looks so yummy! i think i may make this for the fourth!

Krissa said...

so i totally printed this recipe when she first posted about it and its sitting on my counter...i am glad to read someone else tried it and loved it too...i definitely want to make it like NOW! haha...i am a die hard cheesecake lover!!!! cant wait! thanks for posting about it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin