Thursday, May 6, 2010

teacher appreciation gifts

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Some kids take in little things each day but I wanted to make one nice gift for my kids' wonderful teachers. I saw this idea over at eighteen25 and thought it was such a neat idea that I wanted to recreate that myself.

So here is what I came up with:
I found the boxes at Walmart. Mine look like the same ones she used. I found these in the jewelry dept for 2 bucks. They also have them at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc but they're a bit more expensive unless you can snag them on sale. I had to buy 4 (2 teachers, 2 parapro's) so I took the less expensive option so I could get more goodies for inside :)

I dug up some Scenic Route paper I had to cover the front. I used glue dots to hold down the ribbon under the paper and the papers to the box. The bird was cut with my Silhouette (paper is Cosmo Cricket). Isn't she cute??!
I filled it with a mixture of school goodies & candies.
Oh, and after I got home with these boxes and opened them up I discovered that one of them was broken. Don't you hate that?! So I had to improvise and find one I had leftover in my scrap stash. It's a little smaller but it works.

I hope they enjoy them!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Life as we are living it said...

CUTE!!!!!!! I am craving sugar. Looks like I need to head your way. So colorful.

Jennifer said...

This is just ADORABLE! Love that cute little bird! Very creative!!

Katie R. said...

Love these! I will totally steal this idea once Morgan has teachers! =)

Mara Campbell said...

These are beautiful!! So funny, too, because I just picked up one of these boxes this week. I'm going to make a birthday present for a girlfriend. I love the bright colors you used and that bird!

Carol said...

Oh My Goodness! These came out super cute. I love them, especially filled with Mike & Ike's!!

Cheryl B. said...

I am using this idea for end of the year teacher gifts. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for the ideas.

Anonymous said...

This teacher is still loving hers!
(Patti Cogar)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin