Saturday, January 16, 2010

Disney autograph books



You can't go to Disney without autograph books, right?! Well, we certainly can't. One year I purchased an autograph book at the parks. It had a spot for photos and was cute and all but it only held about 10 autographs and I think I paid somewhere around $13-$15 for it. I knew the next time I went that I had to make my own because my kids loooove to get autographs from all the characters. So, for the last trip I made ones for my kids that you can see here. Super simple but the kids loved them. They had their very own books like no one else. And there was lots more room inside.

So for our next trip I had to do that again. I started with a Teresa Collins black chipboard cover & added some marshmallow glimmer mist (don't you *love* that color name?!). It didn't take long to dry and added a neat sparkle to the black chipboard. Then I added the Disney papers, ribbon, stickers to jazz it up. I used a couple border punches to add interest (Stampin' Up scallop, Martha Stewart scallop dot, and the Fiskars threading water punches. 

I used spray adhesive to make sure that everything would stay put on the albums. These albums get a lot of use so they need to be a bit tough! That's why I don't add a lot of bulky embellishments that could get caught on something going in and out of my bag all day at the parks.

Edited to add ~ the spray adhesive did not hold up very well so I'll be going back to my usual standby for these albums which is the craft glue stick. I also thought about trying Krylon spray adhesive next time. 


A note about that adhesive ~ it's very sticky and it will get everywhere so use caution when spraying it. Nichol Magouirk had a good trick about using that adhesive and you can see the video here. Using the box makes it much easier!!

Anyway, here's some more pics of the albums :)

This first one is for my son:


I actually adhered some of that twine behind the paper, just after I used the spray adhesive so it's not going anywhere!

Any my daughter's album:

You can see better in this photo the shimmer that glimmer mist gives to the chipboard. Kind of magical, don't ya think?!

Super simple, super easy, super personalized :) And....they cost less than $5 each to make!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I don't know if you will even see this but how many pages did you put into these and was there room for photos as well? I am trying to decide on a design for my daughters books..we are going August 2010.
Thanks
Enjoying your blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin