Saturday, July 18, 2009

flea market bust

I had hoped that today I could post with some flea market treasures but as it turned out it was not meant to be. Today anyway. The one flea market I wanted to go to apparently is no longer in business. We found this out after driving around for about an hour trying to find it. Another we found that I just plain was not stopping at. Another one we found just didn't have anything good. So, we'll try it again another weekend.

Oh, but we did manage to see Star Trek at the IMAX theater yesterday. SO cool!! Great movie, can't wait to see it again when it comes out on DVD.

So, I do have pictures of some layouts I did with the July JBS kit. The entire kit was filled with vintage style papers that I just loved.

I inked the Heidi Swapp letters with Tim Holtz' fired brick distress ink. They were fun to play with!

I took apart the different rings of the Collage Press paper and used them as elements in several layouts. In this one I used half of the scalloped ring, folded it a few times and added a couple staples...just to mix things up a little ;)

This next layout uses the other half of that scallop ring. See, using every piece!

Ok, how well does that drink cap go with my vintage pics?? Love it!

I added the brown bakers twine and flower on this one. Some stitching around the lined paper to anchor it on the page.

That's it! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin