Tuesday, April 28, 2009

a mild heart attack...but I'm ok!

yep, that's what I had last night. We had the kids' soccer games last night. Both scored goals. It was so much fun to see them get so fired up while they were playing!! And the look of determination on Ben's face right before he scored was just priceless. And me...without my video camera! Or camera for that matter.

And then Ben and another boy tripped over each other. And Ben wailed out in pain. And was crying. And then said the words that I dread to hear...."my leg hurts!!!" The same leg that he broke 5 mos ago. I tell ya, you never saw a momma run so fast! I think my hubby is always amazed at how fast I jump into action when one of my kids is hurt. Like when Ben decided to jump in the pool 3 yrs ago without a life vest. And I jumped in fully clothed before my husband even turned to see what was going on. There's a big 'S' under my shirt don'tcha know!

Anyway, once I got his shin guards and socks off he said it was more toward his ankle that hurt. And poor guy, he was worried that he broke his leg again. He's still pretty fearful of that. Can you blame him?? He wouldn't walk on it last night or this morning. But once I wrapped it up in an Ace bandage he could put more pressure on it and walk a bit. Thank God!! And now he's coloring in his new coloring book and watching Spider-man :)

Hopefully it'll be better by tomorrow. Whew!!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I know that "S-under-the-shirt" feeling for sure. I hope your little dude wakes up tomorrow feeling 100%!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin