Friday, April 24, 2009

lots of scrappin' going on here! (warning *lots* of photos!!)

Yep, that about sums up the last week. I've been working on several things but I wanted to wait to post them together. This spring weather has me in such a great mood and what better hobby to do when you're in a good mood than scrappin'?!!

I mentioned last week that I got some cute tags from Shabby Chic Crafts and I had a chance to play around with them. *Love* them. I'd buy them all if I could!! Which brings me to the other thing that got me scrap crazy. They're having a call for guest designers over there. And I know that I could've just sent my link with all the stuff I've already made but I figured I'd play around with their tags in hopes that they'd pick me :) Pick me, pick me, pick me! Oh, to be able to play with more of their tags. Pure joy :) Ok, enough groveling...on to the scrappiness! (I know blogger, I see your red lines, scrappiness is a word!)

A while back I saw this on Virginia's blog. So cute!! And I knew that I had to take that and put my spin on it. She's always inspiring me! So here's my version:

(yes, that's a flower pot made out of an aluminum can!

I put some white acrylic paint on the can and used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes for the ribbon. And this little cutie is hanging on my front door ready to greet visitors!

pp~October Afternoon, Pink Paislee
butterfly~Heidi Swapp
flowers~Making Memories
Fiskars border punch

I know, I didn't use the SCC tags on this project. I think this is the only thing I didn't use them on.

Actually, backing up a bit, when running through Burger King for the kids I got one of these:
Normally I get irritated when they give me these drink holders because 1) it's a waste of cardboard and bad for the environment, and 2) I have 147 cup holders in my van (ok, maybe not *that* many but let's just say I have plenty to go around!) But then, almost immediately, that *ding ding ding* went off in my head and I remembered Virginia's cute little planter and thought "wouldn't this be cute to hold those??" Yep, you guessed it, I recycled it! And here's what I came up with:

pp~Sassafras Lass, Scenic Route (pink dots)
alphas~Jenni Bowlin
tag~Shabby Chic Crafts
heart pin, butterfly~Heidi Swapp
lace cardstock (pink flower)~KI Memories
Fiskars border punch

Now, my husband who loves all the scrappy stuff I do was even impressed when I told him what the bottom was made out of. His exact words ~ "that is from the drink holder??" Love that :) And inside the basket are 2 aluminum cans decorated to be flower pots :)
*************************************************************************************
A while back I bought an On Board Journal from Stampin' Up! and I decided to use it as a sketch book but hadn't gotten around to decorating it. All of these fun Sassafras Lass papers got me in a creative mood so I finally got this book done:

pp~Scenic Route, Sassafras Lass
alphas~Doodlebug
tags~Shabby Chic Crafts
Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing folder
pearl flower~Jenni Bowlin

Now I don't sketch everything I do but every once in a while I get an idea for a layout or project and I jot it down in this book. I used the spiral punch from SU! to get the paper around the binding.

I'm really happy with how it turned out! And, of course, my daughter wants one, too. So I'll be making hers this weekend. Although she said she wants the word "cutie" on the front :)
*************************************************************************************
And a few layouts...
pp~Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon
thickers, ric rack~American Crafts
alphas~Making Memories
rub-ons~Hambly
tag~Shabby Chic Crafts
flowers~Sassafras Lass

supplies from Studio Calico April kit
tag ~ Shabby Chic Crafts

supplies except for tag & "2" are from Studio Calico Apr kit
tag ~ Shabby Chic Crafts
*************************************************************************************
Lastly, a quick card I made using scraps. Y'all know how I love to use scraps to make cards!!

*************************************************************************************
I told you there was a lot! Hope you're all having a fantastic Friday!! I'm off to play some more Legos Star Wars with a very cute 5 yr old :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Totally LOVE the drink holder!! And everything else, but that's my fav. :)

Virginia said...

Oh my goodness! Love love love it all, especially the drink holder. I totally need to do that too! Great inspiration, girl!

Tami said...

Wow!! You have been busy. Very cute stuff!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin