Monday, April 6, 2009

diary of a bathroom scale

You may (or may not) have noticed my weight loss calculator/scale/mocker of me everyday has been stuck at 4lbs. Sadly, I have not lost weight. I don't eat a lot. I don't eat a lot of fast food. I don't eat a lot of junk. And still, the pounds don't come off. Very frustrating. And doctors are no help. Don't even get me started on my love/hate relationship with them....

A part of me doesn't care. Because trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time don't really go hand in hand, do they?? But I figured since this "getting preggo" thing hasn't worked for say the last 15 mos that I'd try and lose weight in the process. Looks like neither one is working!! But still, the scale continues to mock me every chance it gets.

Crappy scale, I think it's broke. Listen to how it talks to me...

Week 1 ~ Holy cow, you need to lose some weight!!

Week 2 ~ Seriously, you think you've lost weight already??

Week 3 ~ Are you even trying?

Week 4 ~ Ok, now we're making some progress

Week 5 ~ Still the same fatty!

Week 6 ~ Have you tried exercising??

Week 7 ~ Now we're going in the right direction

Week 8 ~ WRONG direction!

Week 9 ~ Don't even bother, you know nothing's changed!

Week 10 ~ Why are we even bothering with this??

Week 11 ~ That dessert you ate last night is gonna cost ya

My scale and me, we're not such good friends...

3 comments:

Tami said...

I hear you Michelle and can relate so much. The scale is my enemy and plays with my head so much. When I lose a few I'm so excited and then you work so hard and nothing. It does make you just wanna give up. Hang in there!! Today is my "first" day of my new diet err... I mean new way of eating. :-) I'm trying to stay off the scale as long as I can but it just sits there calling my name and is so hard to resist.

Carol said...

hee hee!!! Want to start running with me at night?

Michelle Whitlow said...

...broken toe, no running!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin