Tuesday, November 25, 2008

thankful

Yes, I'm thankful despite the comedy of errors that happened here this morning. I've been saying for the last few months that my van is possessed. Because things work and don't work whenever they feel like it. There's no rhyme or reason. Little things. Annoying things. But things that don't affect driving it...til today. Well, my air vents decided that they didn't want to work. Well, let me rephrase that. They work, but only on the floorboards. Great. So when I woke up to frost on my car windows ~ and NO defrost ~ that was a lot of fun. Then, when I went to open the sliding door, the side my son with the broken leg sits on of course, it was frozen shut. To add to all of that, when I turned on my windshield wipers, the one side broke off. GREAT!!! Ahhh, cars are so much fun, aren't they?

But I'm still thankful. Thankful that even though my defroster doesn't work, the van still has heat. Thankful that I have an extended warranty on it that will hopefully cover to fix that and the many other things that are going wrong (the van is 4 yrs old so who knows what will be covered). And I'm thankful for so many other things like a great family, a house to live in, our health such as it is. So many things.

BTW ~ we talked to the dealership today and they said this stuff would be covered if the mileage on the van was under 48,000...we're at 47,150! Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have to pay much...pretty please!

I am also thankful for teachers that have taken care of my son so well with his broken leg. I can't imagine how he would be doing if he were in the Pre-K at the public school. I take that back, he'd be staying home until his cast came off I just know it. I normally don't make teacher gifts for Thanksgiving because they get gifts from me for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Teacher Appreciation Week, & End of year. But because Ben's teachers have been so good to him I thought I do a little something for them. I love these candles from Michaels because 1) at 3/$10 they're a great deal and 2) the pumpkin spice one smells so good! I've decorated candles for gifts before but then I saw that Virginia had done some similar ones and they were so cute so I wanted to do some myself. So I picked up a couple yesterday and decorated them up :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin