Friday, October 3, 2008

that's an hour of my life I'll never get back

We (me & the kids) just spent over an hour locked out of our house. Fun huh? Yeah, and this is after I just shelled out a ton of money to replace the liner of our pool...that's only 2 years old. We don't live an extravagant lifestyle. We don't have a big screen tv, or the latest video game systems or designer clothes. Our cars are not new, my computer is old. Nope, I think we live a pretty modest life. And that's just fine with me because I feel no need to keep up with The Jones. But when we moved to southern GA I wanted to get a pool. I've always wanted a pool, ever since I was little. It's not fancy, just a simple above ground pool. It's so darn hot here in the summer that there's not much else to do! So it's so frustrating to have to shell out all that money to fix something that is nearly brand new.

Then.....the kids lock me out of the house. Yes, for the first time it was actually their fault and not mine. ~ sweetie, don't read this next part ~ (had to put that in for my hubby now that he reads my blog!) And because we live out in the woods, I had to pay quite a bit more to have someone come out and let us in again. Great. Oh, and did I mention that my husband is on the other side of the state? Yeah, good day to be out of town, huh?? Such is my life. Well, I think I'm going to go heat up some dinner, clean the house a bit, then stay up all night scrappin'. That's always good for the spirit!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for World Cardmaking Day. I'll be having a giveaway :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin