Tuesday, September 30, 2008

wildlife

I don't care how long I live here, I will never get tired of seeing this in my yard

I live on 3 1/2 acres and most of my neighbors in my cul-de-sac have lots that are around the same size or larger. That's what drew us to this house in the first place. When I look out my front window, I don't immediately see houses. When I'm in my backyard, I don't see any. It's so nice. Not that I'm anti-social. But there's something very calming about sitting in your backyard and staring at nature.

This morning as I was sitting in my scrap room this cute little young buck decided he wanted to eat the fallen bird seed from my bird feeder. And when he was done, he simply trotted off into the woods. I had to take photos through my blinds so excuse the white stuff at the bottom of the photos! I did not have to use the zoom on my camera. He was only about 20 ft from my front door. So neat! I will never get tired of seeing my deer friends. And it's not like I've never seen wildlife before. I grew up in Michigan, where the guys can't wait til November when hunting season starts.

But I have to resist the urge to leave out food for these deer. Because we are surrounded by woods and there are people around here that go hunting on their property. I'm not against hunting but I don't want to encourage these deer to be friendly to people. But it's so hard!!

I have a bunch of projects to share later, so til then...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin