Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reminisce

I've been working feverishly to finish these projects. Reminisce is doing another design team member search. So I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. Not because I think I'm all that and a side of fries (well, maybe I am...I do have 20 lbs to lose!). Anyway, I'm entering knowing that the chances of me winning or even being runner up are slim to none. I mean, have you seen some of the talent out there? But I think it's fun to do it anyway. It gives me an excuse (like I need one!) to get some projects done, use up some of my stash of papers that I've been hoarding (yes, I'm a paper hoarder but I'm working on it! lol) and who knows....maybe, just maybe, someone will like what I've come up with! (And how cool would that be??!!) Hey, you can't win if you don't try, right?

So here goes. Here are some layouts that I've been working on. It feels really good to get some of these photos scrapped, let me tell ya!

This layout is actually 8 1/2 x 12. The reason for this is that I don't have any 8 1/2 x 11 albums or page protectors. I didn't need to make this page a 12x12 size, I wanted it smaller. So I took a 12x12 page protector, cut it down and sewed it down the side to make my own! Then on the back side I slipped in the kids' "maps" from our nature walk :) (BTW, the little "dots" next to the deer are footprints. I know, they look like something else!)


The tags tucked behind each photo hold all of the journaling. I didn't feel I needed to make this into a 2pg spread (trying to conserve room in my scrapbooks as I scrap a lot of pages each year!) So each journaling tag highlights notes and thoughts pertaining to each photo :)

This 2pg layout inspired by one of Becky Higgins' sketches was actually one I did at Camp Crop-A-Lot back in June.

I love shaped papers like this snowflake one from last year! The great thing about papers like these? You don't have to do much with them. I think if you do too much, then it takes away from the great design of the paper.

I love the cute little Making Memories snowflake charm :)

And here are some cute little cards I came up with. In case you don't figure it out, I have an addiction to Martha Stewart's punches! I especially like to use the border punches with my cards. They're just so pretty!!

I made a couple versions of essentially the same card. With this one I used the "So Kind" sentiment and swirls from the Stampin' Up! Priceless stamp set. BTW, the papers for these cards are from that cute Easter line with the shimmer papers...remember the ones?? The ones with the cute chicks and bunnies on them? I just used the reverse side for these cards...but I saved some chick paper for my Easter layout :)


In this one I opted to keep it even more simple and just stamp the swirls with the cute butterflies. Love those butterflies! I added Stickles to them and the swirls. Personally, I actually like more simplistic cards so this is one of my favorites.
Here's one more version using some lace cardstock from KI Memories in the background.

Here's a simple fall card. I like to make a lot of my cards without a greeting so they're multi-purpose!
One of my favorite things to do is to use photos on the front of cards. How fun would it be to get this one in the mail? I used a glue pad on the edges of the photo to add the glitter. But be sure to let it dry a bit before messing with it. Don't be impatient like I am or you'll smear your glitter!

It's also fun to use photos on the front of Christmas cards. If you're going to send a photo in the card anyway, why not put it on the front? (BTW, my friend Tami did ribbon like this card on one of her Halloween cards and I just loved it ~ so I had to do it, too!)

And here's some treats just in time for Halloween :) I'll post photos of the individual items in a separate post. I think this post is getting pretty long already!!

And now that I've used up my stash of Reminisce from last year it's time to buy some of their new lines ;-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin