Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deer Friends

I know, you're probably thinking it's too early for Christmas cards. But hey, when you get a new stamp set you have to play with it, right?! And I am determined to get all my Christmas cards, shopping, school gifts, done before December. I'm usually pretty good about being ahead of things but I got a bit behind last year.

So anyway, this is one of the new hostess sets in the Stampin' Up! catalog that just came out. There's 8 images in the set. The best part? (well, one of the best parts) the stamp set is pre-cut! Yep, no cutting!! And these stamps are just so cute. I love stamp sets that are easy to work with, especially the round ones that you can use the circle and scallop punches with. Cause we all know that the scallop punch is one of my favorites!! Here's one of my daughter and the angel stamp. See, you don't have to get those photo cards from Wal-Mart. Make your own! Believe me, people love to get handmade cards.

In this card I used 4 of the images, stamped them in black, chocolate chip and always artichoke. I added Liquid Applique to Santa's hat and beard, red stickles to Rudolph and the gingerbread man, and green and gold stickles to the Christmas tree. Then I popped them all up with pop dots. I think this one is my favorite.

Here's another one just using the deer stamp. I made Rudolph stand out from his reindeer friends by adding red Stickles to his nose and popping him up with pop dots. Gotta love those pop dots!! Notice I used the new scallop border punch on this one :)

And here's a really simple one cause frankly, sometimes you just want a simple card!

Are you sensing a favorite color scheme?! For some reason I was in the red/brown mood today. I'll have to mix it up and make some more cards with different colors tomorrow :)

And with that I'm off to do "mom" duties!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I love the red & brown! You are really on top of it! Christmas?? Way to go Michelle. :-) Those stamps look adorable.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin