Saturday, October 8, 2011

crock pot chicken and dumplings

I love this time of year for many reasons. But one has to be the cooking...stews, soups, roasts, all that good comfort food! 

I love crock pot recipes, especially on the days we have karate or other after school activities because I don't have time to make dinner otherwise. So crock pot meals work perfectly.

I found this recipe & immediately wanted to try it. I tweaked it a bit (I need more spices!) and it was sooo yummy. Definitely a keeper!
Crock pot chicken and dumplings
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2-3 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp McCormick garlic & herb seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits

Place the chicken in the crock pot & add butter. In a bowl, mix together the soup, 1 cup broth & spices and add to the crock pot. Cook on high 4-6 hours. (I cooked on high for 4 hrs & then cut to low for another hour) Then shred the chicken in the crock pot. Cut the biscuits into small pieces (about 9-10 per biscuit) & add to crock pot. Add an additional 1-2 cups of broth and cook on low for an additional 30 min.

You could also add chopped onions or a can of mixed veggies but I opted not to add those.
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin