Tuesday, August 30, 2011

for Addie's room

I've been working on try to get Addie's nursery done. It's sloooowly coming together. The painting is done (after making my poor husband paint 2 different colors cause the 1st one just wasn't right) but I still need to hem the curtains, hang the curtains, put up most of the wall art, set up her crib & clean out the closet a bit for her clothes. 

I also have a cute little wooden chair that I picked up at a thrift shop about a year ago that I'm thinking of painting turquoise (of course!) for her room. 

Trying to get this done before we have company for her baptism in less than 3 weeks.

Oh, and I'm still trying to get the rest of the house together. It's getting there. Like I said....sloooowly!

So anyway, I was playing around the other day & made this cute little altered frame for her dresser.
Supplies used: 
papers - Doodlebug, Echo Park
mini jewels - Doodlebug
baker's twine - the Twinery
thickers - American Crafts
 
I just took a plain shipping tag, added a handmade accordion flower & accented with an 'a'. The letter didn't pop enough so I outlined it with a black pen & added some stickles. Oh, and my fave, pink baker's twine.
I think baby Pluto likes it :)

Oh, and that white lampshade...yep, it's probably going to get a minor makeover as well.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so cute!! You have been busy!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin