Friday, December 10, 2010

bah humbug

I'm in a really foul mood today. My husband could only laugh during our conversation this morning after he said 'boy, you really are in a bad mood today!"

yep

And it makes me even more in a bad mood to think I'm in a bad mood during the holidays! 

dang it!!!

I love this time of year. All the decorating, the cookie baking, wrapping packages, celebrating with family & friends...

...well, family I guess. Because apparently most of the people I know are too busy. Too busy to even RSVP for a holiday get together. Not sure why I try to have get together's. I think this year's will be the last. I've never lived somewhere where people don't really care about getting together over the holidays. It's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around.

I hate that excuse. The 'I'm so busy' excuse. I hate it.

Once in a while we all need to give that excuse. But all the time??

I'm tired of people telling me that they're more busy than me because they have more kids than me, or they work more than me, or their kids are older than my kids, their kids are in more activities than mine, etc. I could give you a million reasons why I'm busy.

The thing is - we're all busy. Everyone's life situation is different. That's life. But if you don't stop and take the time to spend it with friends, especially around the holidays, then you're missing out. What will you have when your kids are out of the house and there's no more soccer practices to run to, or band practice, or PTA functions?? 

Take time to spend with friends during this holiday season. Even if it's just once or twice. Have a cookie swap, exchange ornaments, just get together.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Agreed! I too get tired of hearing, I'm too busy! Thankfully, I should be seeing my friends in MI when we go home for Christmas.

I sure hope your day improves! I know how frustrating it is when you try to do something nice and it just seems to fall apart. If I was there, I would come...not that that helps any.

Hugs!
Kim

Jill said...

I agree! We're always going to be busy, and unless you choose to make time (yes, I firmly believe it's a choice!) it's not going to happen!

I've been out shopping today and driving around listening to Christmas music and phoning my sister long distance to talk about nothing. Loving it! *sending you my Christmas cheer!!!*

Chelle said...

It is hard to get together with friends. I have to say we are lucky because we have a group of friends that no matter what we always have a get together during the holiday season. It is our way of reconnecting. We have been doing this for almost 20 years now.

Life as we are living it said...

I'm sending all my hugs your way! Don't be sad we are going painting Friday. Can't wait to see the outcome of that. hehe:)

Paula@SweetPea said...

I hope today is a better day for you. It is frustrating when you take time out of your schedule to arrange a get together and then have people not respond.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry I could not make it on Friday. I ended up getting sick (head/chest cold), so I missed out on lots of things that night :-(

I am not too busy, never am, and would love to get together sometime!

lauriec said...

I'm finding it's easier for me to make time to see people during Christmas Break this year. I've spent an average of 4 or more hours a day at school since Dec. began & it's not going to stop until break begins.

Yes, I CHOSE to volunteer to be a room mom, PTA Media Liason (book fair, AR Week, etc), and Santa Shop volunteer but I also feel that my child (and other people's children) are going to benefit from my time. If it means I'm too wiped out to do something on a school night, it's for a good cause. Vacation is right around the corner & life will go back to normal (sort of) in Jan.

Hope baby 3.0 isn't making you too terribly tired!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin