Thursday, July 15, 2010

thrifty thursday - nightstand redo

 
Do you remember this super cute dresser & nightstand I bought a couple months ago at the thrift market??
Well, I knew when I bought it that I probably wouldn't use the nightstand. It was just too small and I didn't really 'need' it. I know, who has to need something to buy it, right?? So I wanted to give it a fresh coat of paint and make it all cute so I could sell it in my consignment booth. Anyway, I thought I'd try out a paint color I saw over on the Nester's site a while back - Halcyon green (Sherwin Williams). 

Now, I normally don't go for the expensive paints. But, I wanted that exact color and I figured if I wanted more later I could always head over to Lowes and do the color matching thing they do with paints. But, when I was in the SW store, I signed up on their customer list and automatically got some coupons so it worked out!

Back to the nightstand...here's how it looked before with an ugly yellowish color paint. Ugh, it's a good thing you can't smell through the computer cause that color stinks!! It actually looks way better in this photo than in real life...

I had my worker boy husband give it a good sanding. Cause whoever did the last coat of paint left drips all over the place. Bad, bad painter!!

Ahhhh, already starting to look better!!

And here it is after a fresh coat of paint...

Isn't it cute?? I kept the original knobs & just spray painted them white.

I love the cracks in the wood

Hmmm...now I just may want to keep the nightstand after all!!

I'll be linking up to Jen's weekend wrap up party.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

I love this!! What a great color...I might want to buy it. LOL!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I LOVE the color you painted them! Wow - beautiful!!!

XOXO
Jen

Damery Family said...

I love it. I have that same nightstand. It went with a dresser, bed frame and hope chest. Still have the nightstand and hopechest sitting in my dad garage for the past 17 years not being used. It was a gift from my grandad who has past away, and I did have the heart to get rid of them. You inspired to to give them a new look and gift them to my daughter. Thank you!

Dannyelle said...

Wow, great job and great colour. I found your site through Jen's weekend wrap up. Check me out at www.lifeisaparty.ca

Happy Weekend!

Karie said...

Love the color. I don't think I could part with it. Thanks for sharing.

Thriftyideastoday said...

I just did a round table the same color. Love the new look. http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin