Sunday, July 11, 2010

crockpot lasagna

I love lasagna. Heck, I love just about anything that has pasta in it! But in the summer the last thing I wanna do is crank up the oven for an hour which is why I love making crockpot lasagna. I can get the cooking part done and over with in the morning or early afternoon so that I don't have to worry about it come dinner time. And it's really good!

To make this easier, I usually have some ground beef already cooked in the freezer. When it's on sale I'll buy a ton of it, cook it up, then put it into freezer bags like this:

That way when I want to cook lasagna, spaghetti or whatever, I already have the meat cooked and I can skip that step. I do that with chicken, too.

I follow most of this recipe except I omit the onion (yuck!) and I sprinkle some more Parmesan on top. Yum yum!!

Crockpot Lasagna

1lb ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed & minced
  2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 pkg (8 oz) no-boil lasagna noodles
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup Parmesan

Brown the beef, onion & garlic in a little oil. Drain.

Add spaghetti sauce to beef mixture. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk & egg together until smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese so that all the cheeses are combined. 

Spray the crockpot with non-stick spray.

Put about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the bottom of the crockpot. Layer the noodles (broken into pieces if necessary) on top of meat. Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat with meat, noodles and cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

This is brilliant! Thank so much for sharing I can't wait to try it!

Mara Campbell said...

This looks delicious!! And I definitely skip the onions too, I am not a fan. What a great meal when you don't want to crank the oven on in the summer.

Kim's Treasures said...

That looks soooo good!!!!

I received my key holder...I LOVE IT!!!! It sure makes finding my keys a whole lot easier!!! Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin