Thursday, June 3, 2010

thrifty thursday ~ Pepsi crates

I thought it would be fun to spice things up a bit on the 'ol blogeroo and add "Thrifty Thursdays" to my weekly posts. I've been doing a lot of thrift shopping lately so I was inspired to share some of the things I'm doing with my new treasures. And I'll probably end up throwing some of my other "thrifty" ideas in there in between my junk treasure hunts!

Btw, my daughter said to me yesterday in the midst of thrift shopping "this place is like the holy grail of junk!!" Yes, the apple doesn't far fall from the tree people!

You may remember my last flea market trip back in April I picked up this Pepsi crate
I really wanted a Coke crate (and I may repaint this red some day) but since I'd been on the hunt for months and couldn't find any (that weren't super duper expensive or falling apart) I settled on this one. I believe I snatched it up for just a couple bucks.

Anyway, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it when I got home. I had seen a post on gluestickgirl (don't remember the actual post) where she used the crate to hold all of her paints. I knew that's exactly what I wanted to do and I've been on the hunt for one of those crates ever since! 

So this is my crate now as it sits in my scrap room:

And I absolutely love it! I can see all my paints, just have to lift up on them a bit to see what color it is and find what I want.
I didn't have enough paints to fill the entire crate so I also added a couple little tin baskets (dollar section at Target) to hold my chalk inks & Stickles.
I also use this crate to hold some of my spray adhesives, glossy accents, etc.
Well, that's it for this first 'thrifty thursday"! I have lots more to share....been doin' a lot of thrift shopping lately :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the crates! I especially love that is says Luverne, AL on it. That's not far from here. I never knew they had a Pepsi factory there. Cool find!

Mara Campbell said...

what a great use for that crate!! I love it, now i'm on the look out for a crate like that. Fun!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin