Sunday, May 16, 2010

appreciate your teachers

It's coming to that time of year again ~ the end of the school year. At least in our neck of the woods anyway. We have one more week of school left. Thank God!!! And so I've been thinking about year end teacher gifts. Not just for the kids' teachers but also for coaches & Sunday School teachers.

Normally I would give something handmade but I'm running out of time. So I took a trip to Lowes and bought some pretty flowers and inexpensive pots and came up with these:
Nothing fancy, just a little thank you for my kids' school teachers & Sunday School teachers. I mixed a couple different flowers together in the pots to make them pretty :)
It didn't cost me much, about $3.00 per pot. Since I had to do 8 of them I needed to keep the cost low. But I've said it before, you don't have to spend a ton of money to give a great gift from the heart.

So be sure to appreciate your teachers and coaches this year (as I'm sure all of you will!) They not only give of their spare time but in a lot of cases money out of their own pockets to do things for our children. This was my first year as a Sunday School teacher and I can tell you that they are forgotten by most. It doesn't take much. A card, a flower, a simple "thank you for teaching my child". I think coaches get forgotten in this mix, too. 

But everyone likes to be appreciated and not taken for granted. Which is why I always give a little something at least at Christmas and the end of the year for all those that help out with my kids whether it be in school or extracurricular activities.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bec said...

I'm a middle school/high school teacher and most of the time it is a thankless job. It is parents like you who take the time to let us know you appreciate what we are doing for your children that make it seem worthwhile!

Mara Campbell said...

These are so so so pretty and thoughful, Michelle!! The teachers are really going to love them. We still have 1 more month until the end of school, so I have time to start thinking about end of the year goodies for teachers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin