Wednesday, April 7, 2010

pollen, please go away!!

It's that dreaded time of year. The time of year when the weather is great and just when I'm starting to enjoy it... BAM!!...the pollen kicks in and I'm a prisoner in my own home. I don't dare go outside because I will be confined to the couch for the rest of the day with sneezing, uncontrollable runny nose, eyes that itch more than you can imagine (or maybe you can if you have severe allergies) and an all around feeling of total crap. 

Hmmm, that sounds fun doesn't it?! hehe

I'm taking 4 meds right now, most of which I've been taking for the last month and a half to gear me up for end of March/April pollen. I'm so glad I got most of the garden done before the pollen kicked into high gear. And I mean, kicked into high gear. Take a look at my van...
Seriously, do we need this much pollen??? Mother Nature, can't you do something about this?? I mean, it's pretty bad when you get into your car and look down and you have yellow stuff on your clothes just from brushing up against something. I was walking into my sewing class last night and there were footprints in the pollen on the sidewalk!!

But at least my yard is starting to look more like a yard and less like a red clay wasteland...
The new sod is turning green. Now all I need to do is get some grass seed to fill in the bare spots. Can't wait til it all fills in!! I'm working on a post about my planter boxes/details/garden journal/etc for those that are interested. 

In unrelated "news", I took the kids to the dollar flick to see this on Monday.
Great movie, but a bit scary for little ones. My crazies were just fine!! ha! We're going to see this today with my friend Kellie & her kiddos.

I know, movies twice in one week. Hey, told ya I can't go outside! 

I hope the pollen is more under control in your neck of the woods!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Life as we are living it said...

I love the the back yard. I can see it now, a summer full of fun. Your right about the pollen. My car is yellow now. See you at the movies.

Mara Campbell said...

Your backyard looks great!! And WOAH that is alot of pollen!!! It's making me sneeze just looking at it. I have allergies pretty bad, too. If I was there, I would not even be able to go outside. Hope you find some relief soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin