Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the last of the Valentine's Day treats

Today I had planned on showing a new tray that I made yesterday. But the last coat of sealer is still drying so that will have to wait til tomorrow. 

Instead I'll show you the last of the Valentine's Day treats. Since we had a snow day last Friday, the kids didn't get a chance to have their class parties yet. So we'll find out tomorrow just when those will be (we've had winter break yesterday & today). 
I made some little mini cupcakes for my daughter's class. When I found those cute little heart marshmallows I didn't know what I would use them for...but they were pink marshmallow hearts!!! I had to have at least one bag! They turned out pretty cute atop the cupcakes :)
Then I made white chocolate popcorn (click here to see the jello ones I made for the kids). This time they're for the teachers. Popcorn, white chocolate, & m&m's, what's not to love?! The little heart tins were from Walmart but I've also seen a slightly smaller version at Target in the dollar section for all seasons & holidays. (recipe is at the end)
And then there's some cutout cookies. One of my favorite cookie recipes of all time. I've tried others and have always come back to this one. And oh how they smell so yummy coming out of the oven!! (recipe is at the end)

That's it for today. Tomorrow I'll show you my new little tray :)
*************************************************************
White Chocolate Popcorn
Ingredients:
8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup melted white chocolate (I used Candiquick)
1 cup M&M's

After popping the popcorn, pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn & mix well. Then add M&M's until evenly distributed. Let sit for about an hour, then scoop into bowls or decorative bags. And that's it!

Sour Cream Butter Cookies
(aka the best cut-out cookies you will ever have!)

Ingredients
4 cups flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg

In one bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl, cream sour cream, vanilla, butter, sugar & egg. Add flour mixture & mix well. Chill 1 hour. Cut into shapes. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cool then frost. Makes 4-5 dozen cookies.

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp vanilla

A couple things to note ~ I normally don't use the frosting recipe. I usually use vanilla cake frosting. Also, if you chill this dough overnight, be sure to set it out on the counter for a couple hours before cutting into shapes. It's a really easy dough to work with and the sour cream and cinnamon make it extra yummy. Enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

I just scrolled through your blog and so much enjoyed your crafts and excellent photography. I'm your newest follower!

Mara Campbell said...

ooooh, I love all the goodies!! Those cupcakes are SO cute, I love that heart marshmallow on top. And the popcorn recipe sounds good, putting that on my to-try list!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Beautiful treats! I want one of those cupcakes right now!

XOXo
Jen

Unknown said...

Pink marshmellow hearts, How did I miss those?! Adorable!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin