Monday, July 6, 2009

where did the day go???

Do you ever have one of those days?? When you just can't seem to wake up?? You know, you try and try and try to get motivated. To do more than just sit around but it just doesn't seem to work? Man I had one of those days yesterday. I don't know if it was the hours and hours in the sun & heat the day before, or staying up late, or the slumber party in the living room that had my back in knots but boy I could not get motivated yesterday. I think we ate breakfast around noon. Oh, but it was good...chocolate chip pumpkin muffins. Mmmmm I guess food can motivate me! Then we watched tv all day til around dinner time when I finally got myself up and showered (don't judge me) to make dinner...grilled chicken and my world famous oven fries. Well, they're famous with my fam thanks to Tyler Florence. Shhhh, don't tell the kids! They love these!! I must make these almost every week cause they go so well with bbq chicken, a staple of our summer diet!

Anyway, I redeemed myself for the day with dinner and dessert which was toffee bars.

Mmmm, those were good, too! And all of those chocolate chips were sitting there melting into gooey goodness. Everyone wanted seconds which is always a good sign!

Today the FedEx guy brought me some goodies. Check it out:

I won this paper pad on the October Afternoon blog a week ago (actually, while I was in Helen on my scrappy weekend). I was so excited!!! I've been wanting to get my hands on some of that paper for a while now. Too bad I already did my vacation mini-album. But I'm sure I can figure something else to do with it ;)

I'll leave you with a layout I did about our 4th.

I was inspired by Gretchen's recent post. I knew I wanted to use the red lace cardstock and then I jumped over to her blog today and guess what she used on hers? Yep! So I pulled out some of my scraps for accents and there you have it :) Although, looking at that picture I realize my ribbon is a bit crooked, gotta go fix that!

Oh, and Jessica Sprague's photoshop class starts today so I need to go online and check out what she has for us!

1 comment:

Carol said...

And I shall call these 5 pounds "toffee bars". hee hee!! They look great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin