Monday, April 20, 2009

not much to post today

We had a semi-busy weekend. We planted, cleaned, went to 2 soccer games, had stamp club, yadda yadda yadda. So I don't really have much to post today. Working on a few projects that I'll share in the next day or 2. We had a tornado warning last night that kept me up til 1:15am. So I'm tired!

Here's a picture of a new family that's growing just outside our back door. These 2 babies just hatched within the last week (I think there's 2 in there).

The picture isn't the best because the nest is in the ledge of my back porch where it's shaded. I didn't want to use the flash cause the babies are so little. Not sure if those other 2 eggs are going to hatch or not. But it's so neat to sit in the living room and watch the momma fly in and out bringing food to her babies.

And do you know what that fuzzy stuff is around the bottom outer edge of the nest? My dog's fur! Whenever I brush my retriever outside I let the fur just fly away. Because this is not the first time that I've seen the birds use it in their nests. Neat, huh?!

I thought this next picture was neat.

Technically these are weeds but my kids always bring me cute little bouquets from the yard. They're the best :)

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin