Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm in a rock band!

Saturday we went to a party at our neighbor's house. Their daughter (and also my kids' occasional babysitter) was celebrating her Confirmation. Which *so* got me thinking of Olivia's First Communion next year...but that's a discussion for another time...

Anyway, after we ate and hung out they put on Rock Bank on Xbox. My kids had a BALL!!! And I think I may have a future drummer in the family. My son, who's only 5 mind you, did awesome!!! We were cracking up at how good he did. He rocked on "Eye of the Tiger". I think he scored an 84 on that one. Oh yeah!! I guess it shouldn't surprise me since he's the same kid that yells "turn it up mommy!" from the back seat whenever I have Three Doors Down in the cd player (or any other music like that) Olivia, of course, wanted to be the singer. Again, not a surprise. She bolted out "That's What You Get" by Paramore.

I don't know where they get it from ;) Yea...look back at the post of my last birthday and my 80s hairdo's and that might explain a bit...lol

Yesterday I double dosed on Benadryl and got outside to do some weeding. They were taking over my yard, and I mean taking over!! See, the bad thing about living in the south is that it doesn't stay super cold for very long. So the weeds have a lot of time to take root in your yard. Unless, of course, you want to be out weeding in the winter (which I don't do) Normally we'll spray weed killer in the winter to keep them under control but just hadn't gotten around to it this year. Too many other things going on. Anyway, last night my allergies went totally haywire and today I've got some sore muscles. I think I just figured out a way to get squats into my day without realizing it!!

I'll leave you with something that I totally forgot to do. Virginia tagged me a while back to do this: Choose the 6th image out of your 6th picture folder from your computer and blog it. Then tag 6 more people to do the same.

So here goes. This was a little more difficult cause my pics are organized by folders inside of folders inside of folders. (My pics are organized by year, then by month) But here's what I came up with:

Olivia swimming in the pool last summer. Here's another one from that day:

I love how green our trees look in the summer!! Makes for great a great backdrop for pics.

And here's who I tag: Elizabeth, Carol, Tami, (I would tag Virginia but she already tagged me!), and anyone else that wants to play along! If you do, be sure and comment so I know to go see your picture :)

Happy Monday everyone!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I just got finished backing up all of my photos on an external drive. I'll have to hook it up and do this. Fun idea!!

I hear you on the green trees. I can't wait for it be green again so my pictures look prettier. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin