Wednesday, January 28, 2009

random Wednesday post

I haven't had much time to scrap the last few days :( But I have been getting my albums in order. Finishing up putting them all in chronological order. Man, it feels SO good to get them all in order and organized!!! Now I just have to figure out where to put them! Up until now, I had my family albums in my scrap room closet and all of the other albums (baby albums, 8x8, 6x6 albums, Disney albums) on a bookshelf in my kitchen. I want to put all of my family albums on that bookshelf so that they're all together but, as you can see, there's no room

You can also see that I have a HUGE old CD player that I'm thinking has to go. I can always go and buy a cheapie one that takes up much less room. I also need to reorganize my cookbooks cause they're just getting out of control. I think they multiply when I'm sleeping but I haven't caught them yet.

The front of my new albums has a window for a photo and I originally was just going to use die-cut numbers for the year. But then I decided to put a photo from that year and I stamped the date with black StazOn.

The year we had my daughter:

Trip to Disneyworld:
Sorry for the bad photos. I was running out of light yesterday. Today there's no good light cause it's raining. It's kinda hard to tell, but I added a sepia tone to the photos but there's still a little color left. I'm thinking one of Ali Edwards fun digital thingies would look good on these. But since I can't get photoshop til I get a new computer...and I can't get a new computer til I get my tax check...I'm just gonna have to wait a bit. So these will do for now!

And I mentioned before some old layouts...you know, before I kinda knew what I was doing!! So here goes. These layouts were my first EVER. Not too bad. Keep in mind, I did these nearly 7 years ago so go easy on me! Totally not my style anymore but I guess it's not AWFUL. Notice the hand cut letters?? Yep, didn't have die cutting machines back then!

Man I was so proud of myself when I finished this Star Trek layout. hee hee
___________________________________________________________________
Don't you love the coloring on the title?? Oh, and the little doodle lines around the photos! I had just gone to a creative doodling class. Can you tell??

____________________________________________________________________'
My first instinct in seeing some of my older layouts is to redo them all. But then I think, it's fun to see the progression of this hobby of mine. However, when it comes to my kids' baby albums I've decided that something needs to be done! My son's album that I did about 4 years ago I still like. I followed Becky Higgins sketches for several layouts and I still really like them. My daughter's album is another story. I won't even show you some of them cause quite frankly I REALLY don't like them.

But here's one. I followed a Becky sketch but I still just don't like it at all
Now here's one from my son's album Much better. Not perfect but I still like it. For his album I didn't really use babyish papers. It just didn't feel right. So I stuck with more boyish thank baby papers. And I'm still happy with how his album turned out.

The problem with redoing my daughter's album? The pictures aren't digital. Ugh... We get so spoiled with digital cameras, don't we?? Well, I didn't get one til my son was about 10 mos. old. So, if I don't have enough of the photos them I'm going to have to take the negatives in and get copies. The good news? I usually got doubles (and even triples) of the baby photos so hopefully I'll have enough.

I think this is a long enough post for today. I'm off to get some scrappin' done before my son get's out of school!! Take care everyone!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin