Saturday, January 17, 2009

hockey layouts

Just been working on some layouts of my son's short-lived hockey career. But after that one night of hockey I ended up with lots of stuff to scrap! His first night of hockey practice, first visit to the ER, first broken leg, visit with the Cottonmouth's, etc. I've been using up some of my papers from past Studio Calico kits to finish them up. Some with go in his album, some in the family album.

This first layout just makes me want to cry. Look how excited he was to play hockey! And for it to end up like this is such a bummer. Will he play hockey again? Not sure. He goes back and forth. One minute he thinks it's cool and the other minute he's saying "I hate hockey". Hey, he's not even 5 yet so who knows what the next few years will bring!

A couple weeks after he broke his leg I took him down to hockey practice to get his coaches to sign his cast. I thought it'd be a good way to put a more positive spin on what happened. A couple of the Cottonmouths also came out and talked with him and signed his cast. And, his coaches got him a few gifts including a "break-a-leg bear" (it has a broken leg!), a Cottonmouths hat and a hockey puck. He thought all that was pretty neat! Definitely helped in the "emotional" dept if you know what I mean.

I'm working on some more stuff. We just got back from a day trip to Atlanta yesterday so I'll be posting about that later.

I'll give you a hint as to where we spent a good chunk of our time

My sweet hubby promised that he'd take care of the kids tomorrow so I could scrap all day after church :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin