Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December Daily ~ Day 1

Yesterday was December 1st ~ can you believe it?!! I surely can't. I had planned on having all of my Christmas shopping/presents/etc done by now. Although I'm over 50% done so that makes me smile. I'm hoping to be completely done by this weekend. I love having everything done early so that I can sit back (well, not really) and enjoy the holiday season...like baking cookies, watching A Christmas Story or The Grinch for the 100th time, drinking hot chocolate, driving around looking at Christmas lights, all that fun stuff.

I was so excited to start adding pictures to my December Daily album today. You might remember I posted about it last week. Here's what the front looks like:

I used pages from a 6x6 acrylic album for the front and back covers. The Christmas tree was cut from corrugated cardboard (thanks to Virginia I'm addicted to the stuff now!) I know the picture isn't the greatest but it's SO hard to take a good picture of acrylic without my mug reflecting back! The acrylic has a scalloped edge and the second "page" is red polka dotted felt. I liked how the polka dots gave a cute background for the Christmas tree.

Left side is the opposite side of "December" page. Right side is Dec 1 page, just a plain chipboard page cut to size.

The next page ~ left side is another photo from Dec 1. My daughter lost a tooth yesterday. Not "Christmas-y" but still something that happened that day! Right side is a photo from today.


I think what I'll do is share these pages each week rather than on a daily basis. But I thought I'd give a sneak peek of how it's coming. I'm so happy I did this. I think next year I may make one a bit bigger but I was using up supplies that I had on hand for this one. I kept everything very simple ~ less stress! And I'll add little embellishments here and there as I add photos.

BTW ~ I had some extra supplies from my Advent calendar in the last post so I'll be listing one on ebay tonight :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

This is an adorable album. BTW, that Christmas countdown ticker is making me break out in cold sweats! So much to do...maybe I should get off the computer. :)

Tami said...

I'm so impressed you are working on your album. I'm going to do my three days tonight. Thanks for the push to get it done!

Loreluca said...

oh-oh-oh!!! This looks just TOO cute, my friend! You may even make me want to make one for myself!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin