Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Getting in the Christmas mood!

I really need to switch gears to get out of my funk. I'm really trying. Thankfully I have Wrapper's Delight to take my mind off things And how can I not get into the Christmas mood when it's only 2 days away! Here's a layout I forgot to post before. I used my super cute papers from my Secret Santa (thanks again SS!!). I found these cute little silver balls (for lack of the "technical term") at (I think) Michaels and put them in every scallop on the page. Yes ~ it was a pain in the butt. But yes ~ it was so worth it I think :)



And look what came for me from my Secret Santa!

Cute Making Memories flowers and leaves and some gem embellishments. I hadn't planned on working on fall stuff at WD, but I may have to pack a few things so I can use my new goodies!

Oh, and my Secret Santa also donated to the ASPCA

Since both of my dogs are "adopted" this means a great deal to me. Schubert, my golden retriever (otherwise known as the "old man") was adopted from the Golden Retriever Rescue when he was 3 years old. He was neglected, overweight, had been kept in a cage in his own filth. They had to shave half his fur off, he had infections in both ears and was skiddish of just about anything (even a paper bag). Well, 10 1/2 years later (at 13 yrs old) he is one happy old dog!

My other dog Jesse, who is a retriever/shepherd mix, was adopted 2 years ago from Humane Society. She's a bit timid and we found out has hip displaysia so I'm glad we got her and she didn't just sit in a cage for the rest of her life. She's quite the stinker now!

So thanks for all the goodies Secret Santa!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin