Monday, October 27, 2008

4 days til Halloween!

I know this, not because I am able to read a calendar. But because my daughter wakes up every day ~ EVERY day ~ and says "6 days til Halloween! 5 days til Halloween!...4 days til Halloween!!" We've been doing the Halloween countdown for the last week. So cute! I love the excitement that kids have. And it makes me a kid again, too :)

This week will be filled with carving pumpkins, making Halloween treats, going to my daughter's school parade and party, getting costumes ready, and preparing for my usual Halloween-ish foods for Friday. Halloween wouldn't be complete without mummy dogs ya know!!


Oh, and I'm going to try my hand at making these. I'm going to try the mummy ones. We'll see how it goes. I figured those would be the easiest ones.

My son's costume is ready. He's going to be Indiana Jones. I bought the hat and whip and then just bought a brown shirt and pants (that he can wear again). This kid always looks so good in hats!

But I haven't finished my daughter's yet. I still need to paint her shirt. She's dressing up as a rock star. Homemade costumes all around this year!! And for me, well, I'm dressing up, too, but you'll have to wait to see that one!

Here's what I was the year before last...

In case you're not familiar with the movie, I was Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas". My kids get *such* a kick out of me dressing up. So that makes it even more fun!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Great costume Michelle!! Can't wait to see what you are this year.

I am going to make those mummy dogs for Halloween too! They are so cute.

Virginia said...

I immediately recognized who you were! LOVE that!

Maybe when my kids are a little bit older I can dress up with them... for now, it's a huge enough ordeal to get them all fitted out in their costumes. :) It sounds fun to dress up with them, though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin