Wednesday, July 9, 2008

new shoe, the 4th

notice I said "shoe" and not "shoes" because this is what I get to wear around for the next 2 weeks...


I'm so thrilled, can you tell?!! Here's the culprit:

I tripped over it letting the dogs out on Monday and whacked my big toe into it, cracking it in 2 spots. Now, I would like to say that this is the first time I've broken a toe. I'd like to say that. What can I say, I'm a klutz! And unfortunately my daughter takes after me. Well, maybe I should change my nailpolish to match the lovely shade of purple I've got on my foot! ewwww...don't worry, I won't show you a picture of my toe!!

Other than that, we had a wonderful 4th of July. We went to a bbq, the kids spent countless hours in the pool. Thankfully, I did not have to jump in the pool fully clothed to rescue my son as I had to do last year!

Oh, and one more thing, I made a great recipe for dinner that I found on Becky Higgins' blog. It's garlic shrimp linguine and it was soooo good! You can check out the recipe here.

I don't have any scrap stuff to share today. I've been working on a few pages from Becky Higgins' school kit so that I stay current each year. I just finished my daughter's Kindergarten pages, which she had fun helping me do! Then I need to go back and do her preschool pages and my son's as well. I also bought Becky's school expansion kit that I'll be using for the extra preschool pages I'll need for my kids as they both have more than one year of preschool and the original school kit only came with one.

I'm also working on finishing up the pages for my class on Saturday. That's about it, hopefully I'll have more to share tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That stinks! Well at least you have an excuse to lay around! :)

Michelle Whitlow said...

I wish I could!!

Anonymous said...

Shelle, it's already your turn again. [sob]

Check out my 8/9/08 blog posting. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin