Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Card swap ~ "One of a Kind"

Here's a card I did for my first splitcoast card swap. I've done card swaps before but never on sps. I'm *so* looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with! The swap theme for this one is "Cutest Card". People always seem to enjoy getting this kind of card. Maybe cause it's not a *regular* card. So that's why I chose to make this one. And this is the first time I've played with the Jersey Shore DS papers, so I had to try them out! I seem to be on a card making kick lately, don't I? Probably because my desk is covered with so much stuff with reorganizing my scrap room that I don't have room to do any layouts!! (and it's killing me by the way!!) I'm hoping to have my room done tomorrow, but we'll see. I think I have a touch of a sinus infection from my allergies (have I said how much I hate allergies??!!) so who knows how productive I'll be tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Oh, but back to the card...I used several stamp sets in this one. The orange scallop flower is from So Many Scallops (SAB), the dotted circle is from "Think Happy Thoughts" and the flowers are from "One of a Kind" stamped in Night of Navy and Bashful Blue and punched out with the Boho Blossoms punch. BTW, I love that Stampin' Up! has come up with stamps and punches that coordinate so that you don't have to hand cut the image. So great!

Supplies:
Stamp sets ~ So Many Scallops, One of a Kind, Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock ~ Pumpkin pie, Whisper white
Ink ~ Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Other ~ Jersey Shore DS papers, Scallop, circle & Boho Blossoms punches, brads, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love that card! Mine is not as detailed as that. I will post a pic tomorrow and you can let me know what you think. I basically copied a card from the girl who does those video tutorials. Better go to bed! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin